Sharing Experience in Engineering Design
is based on papers presented at the Engineering and Product Design Education Conference E & PDE 2002.
This volume is vital reading for all those students, practitioners, and professionals operating in the field of product and engineering design and education.
- The integration of design and business issues in the engineering curriculum
- What are the qualities and competencies required by product design employers? Product design courses lead the way in providing the graduate with the necessary skills to get the top job
- Designing for a sustainable future – promoting outreach through the use of case studies; Degree design – exploring creativity from the start
- Assessing creativity – theory and practice
- Developing an appreciation of the complex interactions between life-cycle analysis and design for manufacture
- Strategic design and product development – a practical application of business process re engineering in bespoke manufacturing
- Engineering design modules teaching by projects
- Product design project teaching, using athletic transport artefacts as the vehicle
- Sketching – a dying art? Overcoming human barriers to knowledge-based systems in design.