Widely acknowledged as the essential reference work for thisperiod, this volume brings together more than 700 articles writtenby 150 top scholars that cover the people, places, activities, andcreations of the Anglo-Saxons.
- The only reference work to cover the history, archaeology,arts, architecture, literatures, and languages of England from theRoman withdrawal to the Norman Conquest (c.450 – 1066AD)
- Includes over 700 alphabetical entries written by 150 topscholars covering the people, places, activities, and creations ofthe Anglo-Saxons
- Updated and expanded with 40 brand-new entries and a newappendix detailing "English Archbishops and Bishops,c.450-1066"
- Accompanied by maps, line drawings, photos, a table of "EnglishRulers, c.450-1066," and a headword index to facilitatesearching
- An essential reference tool, both for specialists in the field,and for students looking for a thorough grounding in key topics ofthe period