The Ultimate Guide to Choosing Character Names
&break;&break;Back in print and better than ever, The Writer's Digest Character Naming Sourcebook has been updated and expanded to help you find character names and their meanings quickly and easily!
&break;&break;This one-of-a-kind resource was specifically designed with the writer in mind. Inside you'll find:
- 25,000+ first names and surnames, and their meanings, listed by origin&break;
- Names and surnames from more than 45 countries&break;
- A reverse lookup of names by meaning&break;
- An alphabetical index of names&break;
- An explanation of naming practices and historical context for each origin&break;
- A list of the top ten most popular names in the United States every year from 1880-2003&break;
- Instruction on how to create believable names that fit your characters and your story
&break;&break;This exciting new edition also includes advice from a number of best-selling authors, including Elizabeth George, Alexander McCall Smith, Homer Hickam, Marian Keyes, Big Fish
author Daniel Wallace, and others. You'll get the inside scoop on their naming methods, plus the stories behind the names of their most famous characters.
&break;&break;So throw out your old telephone books and baby-naming guides - The Writer's Digest Character Naming Sourcebook meets all your naming needs!