Much Ado About Nothing
Much Ado About Nothing includes two quite different stories of romantic love. Hero and Claudio fall in love almost at first sight, but an outsider, Don John, strikes out at their happiness. Beatrice and Benedick are kept apart by pride and mutual antagonism until others decide to play Cupid.
The authoritative edition of Much Ado About Nothing from The Folger Shakespeare Library, the trusted and widely used Shakespeare series for students and general readers, is now available as an ebook.
· The exact text of the printed book for easy cross-reference
· Hundreds of hypertext links for instant navigation
· Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
· Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
· Scene-by-scene plot summaries
· A key to famous lines and phrases
· An introduction to reading Shakespeare’s language
· Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library’s vast holdings of rare books
· An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
action actors answer appear bear Beatrice begin Benedick better blood BORACHIO brother called Claudio comes CONRADE Count cousin dance daughter death directions DOGBERRY DON JOHN Don Pedro doth early edition Elizabethan English Enter example exit face faith fashion father Folger Folio follow fool FRIAR give Grace hand hang hath hear heart Hero Hero’s horns husband Italy kind lady language LEONATO LEONATO’S BROTHER Library live London longer look lord Margaret marriage marry matter meaning misogyny mistake never night performance perhaps plays pray presently Press PRINCE printed quarto question readers reading scene seems Shakespeare’s Signior sometimes speak speech stage talk tell theater thee thou thought true turned University Ursula VERGES Watch wear woman women write