This successful text on carrying out research in 'real world' situations has been thoroughly revised and updated in order to make it as useful as possible to teachers and students from a range of behavioral and social science disciplines.
- Includes new examples from applied psychology, applied social science, health studies, social work and education.
- Provides more coverage of qualitative methods.
- Pedagogical material has been updated to include a glossary and detailed cross-referencing across chapters.
- Bases the quantitative analysis section around version 10 of SPSS and the section on qualitative analysis around the NUD*IST software.
- Situates material more clearly within theoretical conceptualizations of the nature of social science research, pointing to the advantages of a critical realist approach.
For sample chapters please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/robson