« PreviousContinue »
II. Typical Institutions
- The tree of life -
- Circumcision -
- The passover -----
- The brazen serpent (See v Ji. i)
- Canaan ---.-.
- The cities of refuge -
- The jubilee -
- Mount Zion -
- The temple - - -
- The holy of holies -
- T^e vail .....
- The priesthood ....
- The annual sacrifices -
• The burnt offerings ...
- The meat offerings ....
- The trespass offerings ...
- The scape goat ....
- The daily sacrifice ....
- The daily sacrifice improved
- The means of purifying from the leprosy
III. Typical Events
- The Creation ....
- Jacob's vision - - . -
- The burning bush -
- The pillar and the cloud- - - -
- The manna ....
- The rock and manrte
- Moses" vail (See vol. i.)
- Bethesda (See Miracles, in vol. iii.)
- Siloam (See Miracles, in vol. iii.)
The importance of the Prophecies - - 168
I. Relating to Christ
- The woman's seed - - - - - 171
- Abraham's promised seed - - - 174
- Shiloh 177
- Balaam's Star - - - - - 131
- Job's Redeemer - - - - - iss
- Moses' Prophet (See Type*) ... go
1. His Incarnation
- His covenant engagements with the Father 189
- The Father's with him - - - 194
- The family from which he should spring - 196
- The time of his incarnation - - - 199
- The signs of it ..... 204
- The place 208
- The manner - - - - - - 215$
- A ground of joy - - - - - 2 IS
- Our duty arising from it - - - - 219
- The commission given to ministers respect
ing il: 222
- His qualifications for his office ... 226
2. The quality in which he should
- A child born - '- - - - - 230
- A Fountain opened (See vol. i.) - - 506
- The Branch ...... 233
- The Sun of Righteousness ... 236
- A Light to the Gentiles - - - 239
* These Sermons are for a very obvious reason compressed into as small
* Preached before the University.
(Tj* For a Table of the Texts illustrated in the Skeletons, and for an In-