Western Europe 2003
Presents text, statistics and directory information on the geography, recent history and economy of the Western European countries and territories.
Key features include:
* Contributions from acknowledged experts
* Includes a definitive factual and statistical survey of each country
* Over 700 pages of impartial data.
* Introductory essays written by acknowledged experts cover issues or regional importance, such as: The European Union Towards 2004; Europe's Defence Arrangements; The Politics of Immigration and Asylum in Western Europe; European Monetary Union and Western Europe and the Developing World.
* A separate chapter for every country in the region providing details of geography, recent history and the economy; a demographic and economic survey using the latest available statistics on finance, industry, agriculture, trade, population, education, transport and tourism; a directory of essential names, addresses, contact numbers, e-mail and internet addresses, for key areas such as, the constitution, government and politics, diplomatic representation, the judicial system, religion, the press, publishers, broadcasting and communications, finance, trade and industry, transport and tourism; a select bibliography is also included.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
The European Union Towards 2004 JULIET LODGE
Economic Survey of Western Europe ANDREw G Scott
European Monetary Union ANDREW G SCOTT
Western Europe and the Developing World PETER
Economy GUNTHER K CHALOUPEK
Economy RAY RILEY
Economy TORBEN MARK PEDERSEN and LISE GOTTLIEB
FINNISH EXTERNAL TERRITORY
History DAVID S BELL
Economy PETER HOLMES and HENRIKE MULLER
History WILLIAM E PATERSON
Economy ERIC oweN SMITH
Economy SIGUREUR SNAEVARR
Economy ANDREw STEVENSON
Economy CLIVE ARCHER
History STEwART LLOYDJONES
Economy MICHAEL SYKES
Economy DAVID H GOWLAND and DEREK
UNITED KINGDOM CROWN DEPENDENCIES
Affairs Agriculture Ambassador Assembly Association Austria average Bank became Berlin Brussels capital CÚdex central Chair changes Church circ coalition Community companies Constitution continued Copenhagen Council countries Court Danish Denmark domestic Dublin e-mail economic Editor election employment established euro Europe European exports fax 9 Federal Finland force foreign formed France French Germany Government growth Helsinki House important income increased independent industry institutions interest investment Ireland Irish issues Italy labour legislation majority mems ment Minister Organization Paris Parliament Party period political population Postfach Pres President reform regional remained Republic result seats sector social Source tion trade Transport Treaty Union United Kingdom votes World