Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Basics: Mastering The Essential Techniques
Author and acclaimed instructor Gene Simco teaches his students that a solid mastery of the fundamentals is essential in creating a foundation upon which the more advanced techniques can be built--and that's where this book comes in. With photos and step-by-step instructions, Simco shows you all the moves you'll need to master to take your training to the next level, including:
- Primary positions: the Guard, the Mount, the Back Mount, side control, standing techniques, and Passing the Guard
- Submissions: Armbars, Triangle Choke, Collar Choke, Kimura Lock, Guillotine, Mata Leo, and Omoplata
- Defenses against punches, kicks, take-downs, and sweeps
- Escapes from chokes, grabs, bear hugs, locks, and clinches
- Plus warm-up exercises, tips on choosing a school, and Dojo etiquette
- The author maintains a popular Jiu-jitsu website at www.Jiu-jitsu.net
- Includes 50 minute instructional DVD with self-defense techniques, as well as techniques for standing and for the ground
What people are saying - Write a review
This book is not particularly well written.
There are a lot of gramatical and spelling errors.
The photographs are black and white and of poor quality.
The content is very basic in nature and fairly complete.
I ordered my copy on line and wouldn't have spent the money had I known the quality of the book.