Bioimpedance and Bioelectricity Basics
Bioelectricity (or bioelectromagnetism) relates to the study of biological electrical currents, and bioimpedance deals with the measurement of electrical conductivity. They are intimately linked to biomedical engineering, with major significance for development of novel medical devices, as well as the study of biological rhythms. This completely updated new edition remains the most comprehensive reference tool for this intricate, interdisciplinary field.
The authors, both internationally recognized experts in the field, have thoroughly revised the entire text. It remains the only such work that discusses in detail dielectric and electrochemical aspects, as well as electrical engineering concepts of network theory. The highly effective, easy to follow organization has been retained, with new discussion of state-of-the-art advances in finite element analysis, endogenic sources, control theory, tissue electrical properties, and invasive measurements. There are two all new chapters on bioelectricity, along with an introduction to Geselowitz theory, the Maxwell basis of bioimpedance, and multivariate analysis as an alternative.
* Increased emphasis on bioelectricity and potential clinical applications
* Two all new chapters dealing with electrical properties of passive and excitable tissue
* Expanded discussion of finite element modelling and a broad range of applications
* Provides a complete ?all in one? reference source for a multidisciplinary, complex field
* Includes many additional figures and all improved, newly drawn illustrations throughout
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.