« PreviousContinue »
54. A Death-bed the true School of
Wisdom-the Effects of Death upon
30. Variety necessary to Happiness—a Winter
93. The Prejudices and Caprices of Criticism
94. An Inquiry how far Milton has accom-
modated the Sound to the Sense
95. The History of Pertinax the Sceptick..
96. Truth, Falsehood, and Fiction, an Alle-
97. Advice to unmarried Ladies MR. RICHARDSON
98. The Necessity of cultivating Politeness JOHNSON
99. The Pleasures of private Friendship-
the Necessity of similar Dispositions
100. Modish Pleasures...
101. A proper Audience necessary to a Wit JOHNSON
102. The Voyage of Life.......
103. The Prevalence of Curiosity-the Cha-
racter of Nugaculus......
104. The Original of Flattery-the Meanness
of venal Praise....
105. The Universal Register, a Dream...
106. The Vanity of an Author's Expectations
-Reasons why good Authors are