Get this book in print
About this book
Books on Google Play
Πύλαι άδου ού κατισχύσουσιν αυτής.-Μatt. xvi. 18.
I. SYMBOLISM, AND THE SACRAMENTAL PRINCIPLE.
1. The Symbolism of Churches and Church Ornaments : a
translation of the First Book of the Rationale Divinorum
Officiorum. Written by W. Durandus, sometime Bishop
of Mende. With an Introductory Essay, Notes, and
Illustrations, by the Rev. J. M. Neale, B.A., and the
Rev. B. Webb, B.A., of Trinity College, Cambridge.
2. Hierurgia; or, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. With
Notes and Dissertations, elucidating its Doctrines and
Ceremonies. By Daniel Rock, D.D.
3. Aunt Elinor's Lectures on Architecture. Dedicated to
the Ladies of England.
4. Practical Remarks on some of the Minor Accessories to
the Services of the Church ; with hints on the prepara-
tion of Altar-cloths, Pede-cloths, and other Ecclesiasti-
cal Furniture: addressed to Ladies and Church wardens.
By Gilbert T. French
II. MODERN RELIGIOUS POETRY.
1. The Waldenses; or, the Fall of Rora. A Lyrical Sketch,
with other Poems. By Aubrey De Vere.
2. The Search after Proserpine, Recollections of Greece, and
other Poems. By Aubrey De Vere .
III. GRESLEY'S ANGLO-CATHOLICISM.
Anglo-Catholicism: a Short Treatise on the Theory of the
English Church, with remarks on its peculiarities; the
objections of Romanists and Dissenters ; its practical
defects ; its present position ; its future prospects; and
the duties of its Members. By William Gresley, M.A.,
Prebendary of Lichfield