He conquered most of the known world and thought himself a god. However, he also died a paranoid, alcoholic wreck at the age of 33...after which his entire empire collapsed. So, just how great was Alexander?
- New material in the paperback on the army and Alexander¿s treatment of exiles
- Huge interest in Alexander driven by Oliver Stone/Colin Farrell motion picture
- Accessibly written for general reader, not scholar
- New portrait of the single most important figure of the ancient world ¿ reveals the real Alexander, warts and all
- Fascinating account of a massively colourful if ultimately destructive life
- Provides new interpretations of the question of Alexander¿s corruption and paranoia
- Fully illustrated - brings alive the age as well as the man