Thoroughly updated and revised, this definitive textbook continues to be the best available resource on the theory of optics and applications in optometry, ophthalmology, and vision science. It presents a complete overview of basic topics in optics and provides a strong foundation for further learning.
- Comprehensive information on optics makes this book the definitive source on the subject.
- A bright, two-color design enhances the text and aids the reader's understanding.
- Completely updated and revised to present the latest information in the field.
- All illustrations are now highlighted with a second color to aid understanding.
- A new color plate section provides clear, excellent-quality photographs to vividly illustrate important concepts.
- More information is included on aspheric lenses, with a new chapter on aspheric lenses.
- Many new questions and exercises reinforce important points and help readers understand the material.
- The contents have been entirely reorganized for a more logical, easy-to-follow approach.
- A new glossary defines all key terms from the chapters for convenient reference.