Get this book in print
About this book
Books on Google Play
LONGMANS, GREEN, AND CO., LONDON. ADAM AND CHARLES BLACK,
Art. 1.-1. Report of the Select Committee appointed to enquire
into the present State of Agriculture and of Persons
employed in Agriculture. 1883.
2. Report from the Select Committee appointed to en-
quire into the State of Agriculture, and into the
Causes and Extent of the Distress which still presses
on some important branches thereof. 1836.
3. Report from the Select Committee on Agricultural
4. Report from her Majesty's Representatives respect-
ing the Tenure of Land in the several Countries of
5. Report of the Royal Commission on Agriculture.
1881 and 1882.
6. Landlords and Allotments. By the Earl of Onslow.
London : 1886.
7. The Law of Allotments, with the Statutes and Notes.
By T. Hall Hall, M.A. London: 1886,
II.-1. The Wide-awake Library. Price One Penny. Lon-
2. The Boys' Comic Journal. London: 1884.
3. Dicks's English Library. London: 1884.
4. The London Journal. London: 1884.
5. The Family Herald. London: 1884.
6. Oliver Twist. Price One Penny. The Pickwick
Papers. London: 1886.
[And other Works],
III.- Ancient Laws and Institutes of Wales attributed to
Howel the Good. Translated and edited by Aneurin
Owen, and published by Royal Authority. Folio.
Oxford : 1841,
IV.--1. Hobbes. By Prof. G. C. Robertson. (Blackwood's
Philosophical Classics, 1886.)
2. Hobbes's Works. Collected edition,' Latin and
English, in 16 vols. (1839-1845). By Sir W. Moles-
3. Life of Mr. T. H. of Malmesburie. Printed in
· Letters, &c., and Lives of Eminent Men’ in 1813
from Aubrey's papers in the Bodleian Library and
V.-1. Our Home by the Adriatic. By the Hon. Margaret
Collier (Madame Galletti di Cadilhac). London:
2. Governo e Governati in Italia. Saggio di Pasquale
Turiello. Bologna : 1882.
3. Commento teorico-pratico della Legge e del Regola-
mento Comunale e Provinciale del Professore Avvo-
cato Francesco Bufalini. Turin : 1881, .
VI.-The Douglas Book. By William Fraser, C.B., LL.D.
In four volumes 4to. Edinburgh: 1886. (Privately
VII.—Sketches from my Life. By the late Hobart Pasha.
London : 1886,
VIII.- The Greville Memoirs (Third Part). A Journal of the
Reign of Queen Victoria, from 1852 to 1860. By the
late C. F. Greville, Clerk of the Council. In two
volumes. London : 1887, .
IX.—The Works of G. F. Handel. Published by the German
Handel Society. Edited by Dr. F. Chrysander.
Leipzig : 1858-86,
X.—1. Marius the Epicurean ; his Sensations and Ideas. By
Walter Pater, M.A. London : 1885.
2. Neæra; a Tale of Ancient Rome. By John W.
Graham. London : 1886,
XI.-1. England's Case against Home Rule. By A. V. Dicey,
B.C.L., Vinerian Professor of English Law in the
University of Oxford, &c. London: 1886.
2. The Case for the Union explained and set forth by
Lord Hartington, Mr. John Bright, Mr. Goschen, Mr.
Chamberlain, and others. Published for the Liberal
Unionist Association. London : 1886.
3. Report from the Select Committee on Parliamentary
Procedure. Ordered by the House of Commons to
be printed June 10, 1886. London.
4. Bill to amend the System of Private Bill Legislation
in the United Kingdom. (Prepared and brought in
by Mr. Sellar, Sir Lyon Play fair, Mr. Raikes, Mr.
John Morley, and Mr. Robertson.) Ordered by the
House of Commons to be printed January 22, 1886.
5. A History of Private Bill Legislation. By Frederick
Clifford, Barrister-at-Law. London : 1887, . . 268
CONTENTS OF No. 338.
Art. 1.-St. Petersburg and London in the years 1852–1864:
Reminiscences of the Saxon Minister at the British
Court, Count Charles Frederic Vitzthum von Eck-
städt. Edited, with a Preface, by Henry Reeve,
C.B., D.C.L. Two volumes, 8vo. London : 1887, 305
II.—Railway Problems: An Inquiry into the Economic
Conditions of Railway Working in different Coun-
tries By J. S. Jeans, Fellow and Member of
Council of the Statistical Society. London: 1887. 333
III.—The Life and Work of the Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury,
K.G. By Edwin Hodder. 3 vols. 8vo. London:
IV.-1. Lettere di Gino Capponi e di altri a lui. Raccolte e
pubblicate da A. Carraresi. 4 vols. 8vo. Florence:
2. Gino Capponi, i suoi tempi, i suoi studi, i suoi amici.
Memorie raccolte da M. Tabarrini. 8vo. Flo-
7 3. Gino Capponi, ein Zeit- und Lebensbild. Von A.
von Reumont. 8vo. Gotha: 1880.
4. Scritti editi e inediti di Gino Capponi. Per cura di
M. Tabarrini. 2 vols. 8vo. Florence : 1877, 388
V.-Syrian Stone-Lore ; or, the Monumental History of
Palestine. By Claude Reignier Conder, R.E. Pub-
lished for the Committee of the Palestine Explora-
tion Fund. London: 1886, .
VI.—History of the Great Civil War. By Samuel R. Gar-
diner, M.A., LL.D., &c. &c. Vol. I. London:
VII.-1. Parliamentary Papers—Correspondence relating to
Burma since the Accession of King Theebaw in
October, 1878. London: 1886.
2. Parliamentary Papers-Further Correspondence re-
lating to Burma. London : 1886, .