« PreviousContinue »
- Despotic Rule. — Heir Apparent. — Political Condition of Songhay.
in Relation to the Berber Tribes. — Dangerous Situation. – Officer sent
from Hamda-Alláhi to catch me. — Host repulsed. — Letter from
Hamda-Alláhi. - Interview with the Chief of the Tademékket.
- Knowledge is Power. - Presents.- Large Troop of Bérabísh
Horsemen. - Letter and News from Europe. — Hostile Gathering. -
Chanting in the Desert. - Christian and Mohammedan Principles. -
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
THE FOURTH VOLUME.
XII. Map of my Routes between Kátsena and Say :
cluding the Survey of the Niger ·
1. View of Timbúktu from the Terrace of the Traveller's House
• To face Frontispiece. 2. The Komádugu at Zéngiri
- to face 3. Salt Lake near Búne. 4. Búwa-Kolosso 5. Wúshek 6. Badamúni. .. 7. Market of Sókoto 8. Valley of Fógha 9. The l'sa (Niger) at Say 10. Songhay Village 11. Mountains of Hómbori 12. Niger at Korome 13. Arrival at Kábara • 14 Entrance into Timbuktu