Mastering Multicamera Techniques: From Preproduction to Editing and Deliverables
From a basic two-camera interview to an elaborate 26 camera HD concert film, this comprehensive guide presents a platform-agnostic approach to the essential techniques required to set up and edit a multi-camera project. Actual case studies are used to examine specific usages of multi-camera editing and include a variety of genres including concerts, talk shows, reality programming, sit-coms, documentaries for television, event videography and feature films. Other features include:
* Advanced multi-camera techniques and specialty work-flows are examined for tapeless & large scale productions with examples from network TV shows, corporate media projects, event videography, and feature films.
* New techniques for 3D projects, 2k/4k media management and color correction are revealed.
* Technical breakdowns analyze system requirements for monitoring, hard drives & RAIDs, RAM, codecs and computer platforms.
* Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro and several other software programs are detailed.
* Tables, charts, screen-grabs, photos, web-links, blogs, tech school lists and other resource tools for further study.
* Unique interviews with the 'Masters of Multi-Cam' including EMMY and academy award-winning directors and editors who share their project notes and give insight to award-winning techniques.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
audio tracks Avid DN×HD Avid Technology bandwidth broadcast cable camera angles camera operator capture Cinema Tools codec color correction concert Courtesy crew data rate director disk DNxHD DVCPRO HD editor Elton John Emmy everything Figure film Final Cut FireWire footage format frame rates Gary Gary Halvorson going group clip hard drive HDCAM HDNet I-frame Ifyou in-point James Burrows line cut live look Mark Haefeli match frame MB/s Media Composer metadata monitor Moviola multicam multicam editing multicamera multiclip multigroup multiple cameras NTSC offline Paul McCartney performance playback PluralEyes postproduction preproduction production programs Rachael Ray Show recording reel screen script ScriptSync sequence shoot shot sitcoms slate song Sony sound studio subclips switch sync map tape tapeless television there’s thing timecode timeline transcode truck Vegas what’s workflow XDCAM you’re