Red Hat Linux 8 Bible
* An update to the perennial bestseller-with more than 110,000 copies sold of all editions
* Hailed by Al Stevens in Dr. Dobb's Journal as, "The best overall Red Hat user's book, hands down, no contest."
* Offers clear and thorough instructions needed to master the latest version of Red Hat Linux-for both beginner and advanced users
* Explains key administration skills including setting up users, automating system tasks, backing up and restoring files, and understanding the latest security issues and threats
* Presents a new chapter on Macintosh connectivity and includes new information about the GNU compiler collection and RAID, updated installation procedures, and accessibility software
* CD-ROM contains a 3-CD distribution of the latest version of Red Hat Linux
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
added allow appears applications begin boot button Chapter choose command configuration connection contains contents copy create default described Description desktop device display document drive edit Enter environment example Figure file system format GNOME graphical hard disk home directory indicates install Internet lets Linux system login look manager menu messages mount mouse move newsgroups NOTE operating system option output package panel particular partition password play prompt provides Red Hat Linux refer remote remove representing root screen script server shell shell scripts shows simply space specified start started Table Terminal variable window