Packed with practical, up-to-date guidance, Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 4th Edition, by Walter R. Frontera, MD, PhD; Julie K. Silver, MD; and Thomas D. Rizzo, Jr., MD, helps you prevent, diagnose, and treat a wide range of musculoskeletal disorders, pain syndromes, and chronic disabling conditions in day-to-day patient care. This easy-to-use reference provides the information you need to improve patient function and performance by using both traditional and cutting-edge therapies, designing effective treatment plans, and working with interdisciplinary teams that meet your patients' current and changing needs. An easy-to-navigate format provides quick access to concise, well-illustrated coverage of every essential topic in the field.
- Presents each topic in a consistent, quick-reference format that includes a description of the condition, discussion of symptoms, examination findings, functional limitations, and diagnostic testing. An extensive treatment section covers initial therapies, rehabilitation interventions, procedures, and surgery.
- Contains new technology sections in every treatment area where recently developed technologies or devices have been added to the therapeutic and rehabilitation strategies, including robotic exoskeletons, wearable sensors, and more.
- Provides extensive coverage of hot topics in regenerative medicine, such as stem cells and platelet rich plasma (PRP), as well as a new chapter on abdominal wall pain.
- Delivers the knowledge and insights of several new, expert authors for innovative perspectives in challenging areas.
- Offers a clinically-focused, affordable, and focused reference for busy clinicians, as well as residents in need of a more accessible and targeted resource.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.