With up-to-date, easy-access coverage of every aspect of diagnostic radiology, Grainger and Allison’s Diagnostic Radiology Essentials, 2nd Edition, is an ideal review and reference for radiologists in training and in practice. This comprehensive overview of fundamental information in the field prepares you for exams and answers the practical questions you encounter every day. In a single, convenient volume, this one-stop resource is derived from, and cross-referenced to, the renowned authoritative reference work Grainger & Allison’s Diagnostic Radiology, 6th Edition.
- Concentrates on the subjects that general diagnostic radiologists need to know, covering all diagnostic imaging modalities and organized by organ and system.
- Uses a concise, highly templated, bulleted format that helps you find the answers you need quickly and easily.
- Features more than 2,000 high-quality images, including plain film, CT, MRI, and ultrasound.
- Features a new section on interventional radiology that covers interventional vascular radiology techniques, cross sectional angiography, specific drainage techniques, tumor ablation principles, and intervention in hepatobiliary, genitourinary and gynecological conditions.
- Contains a new section on functional imaging which includes both MRI (diffusion weighted imaging and perfusion MRI) and PETCT.
- Includes diagnostic "pearls" that help you avoid pitfalls and errors in diagnosis.
- Includes a useful Appendix with many quick-reference items that are hard to remember but essential in day-to-day practice. New content includes intravascular contrast media, anticoagulation agents and sedation, the latest TNM 8th edition of staging cancers, and new section on PI-RADS and BI-RADS.